Updated: Dec 6, 2020
Campbell River Wedding Photos & Video | Miranda & Graeme
If you have started to plan your wedding, or you have been planning for awhile, you may have considered hiring a wedding videographer. Many people find it hard to justify spending money on both a photographer and videographer but wedding videography captures what photography cannot. As both a wedding photographer and videography on Vancouver Island, I can't be bias.
I have compiled my top 10 reasons why someone should hire a wedding videographer. To push my point further, near the end of this blog post I have shared my favourite images and wedding video from one wedding - Miranda and Graeme's Campbell River wedding. Have a look at both and see for yourself. But before you do, here are the 10 reasons:
1. There are things that even the best photographer can't capture. Videos and photos can give you different feelings and emotions when you look back on the day, but the best moments are expressed as a video. Photos show you your reaction at that exact moment, but a video can capture the way you felt, the way you moved, the personalities of your loved ones, how hard you laughed, the expressions, music, family in the background.
2. Share precious moments with others. If you have family members or friends who couldn't make the wedding, you can share the video footage with them. It's easy to share the highlight video that helps them relive the entire day within 10 minutes, or you can send them full clips of the speeches, the first dances, and more.
3. Weddings are valuable investments. As you probably know, countless hours and dollars go into planning one of the most memorable days of your life. A video can truly help you relive that day over and over again. It makes that effort and cost last a lifetime.
Don't just take my word for it...
"My husband and I had the privilege of working with Hayley as our videographer during our wedding in Campbell River. While planning, many close friends said they regretted not hiring a videographer. I can’t begin to explain how happy we are that chose Hayley to document our day. Hayley is friendly, easy going, and made us feel so comfortable.
She is easy to communicate with and she took into account everything we had hoped for in our video. Hayley had our videos to us very quickly and the results are beyond what we had ever imagined! Every time we watch it (which is still frequent... even months after our wedding day has passed) we smile, laugh, and cry. It brings us so much joy to see the smiles on everyone’s faces, and to see our guests dancing up a storm.
The video perfectly displays all of the love we felt on our wedding day! We know that we will treasure the moments Hayley captured on film for years to come. So, if there is even a doubt in your mind about hiring a videographer for your wedding, I would without hesitation recommend you choose Hayley to document your special day! Thank you again Hayley, we cannot thank you enough."
- Anna & Chris Backhouse
4. It's your day, and a day enjoyed by many. Having a wedding videographer will help show you the details you may have missed. There are countless activities and gatherings occurring simultaneously that you don't see. It could be the look on your friends' faces when you walk out in your dress for the first time, the look in your parents' eyes when you read your vows, the way your family tears up when you have your first dance. While the photographer is focusing on getting those perfect posed and candid shots of you, the videographer is getting the in between shots. Those times where you are your most natural selves, enjoying what is happening around you.
5. Years and years down the road, it's great to show your children. Yes, you can show them photos, but it is also great to show them a wedding video of the entire day, start to finish. They can see the way their parents looked at each other for the first time in the aisle, how they danced together, embraced each other, and truly watch the love in their eyes. This will be an invaluable heirloom for your children, grandchildren, and so on. Also, if you are having a large wedding, think about how often you actually have the entire family together? This doesn't happen very often so having a wedding videographer to film the entire family together is an amazing gift for yourself and to pass on through the family.
6. This is your movie. You will be hiring a professional to create a 'short film' of you and your loved ones, where you are the star of the show. I create a visual story with thoughtful music and voiceovers to tell your story. This is not a boring or slow slideshow of clips - it is a engaging compilation of your best and sweetest moments.
7. Videographers are just another professional that ensures the wedding will run smooth. I have experience at countless weddings, and can share that experience with you. I know what to expect, when big moments naturally happen, and how to film the perfect candid moments.
8. A quiet fly on the wall. People may have the idea that more cameras will be too much, too aggressive. As a wedding videographer, I embrace a documentary style of filming. I am simply a fly on the wall capturing the most important, candid details of the day.
9. The speeches, vows, music and words spoken cannot be photographed. Some of the most meaningful, emotional parts of the day should be filmed. Not only can you watch your spouse tearing up at the words they say, but you can actually hear it and relive that moment over again. This is similar to the toasts at the reception. Photos of guests or the wedding party reacting can be beautifully captured, but you'll never remember every word spoken, or hear the sound of laughter erupting from the room unless it is captured on film.
10. See for yourself. Have a peak at my favourite photos from this wedding and watch the video. What makes you feel more? Which one gives you a better idea of the entire wedding day? There's no right or wrong answer. Maybe you just want wedding photos, maybe you just want a wedding video. It's all preference!
Venue: Oyster Bay Resort
Photo Location: Driftwood Beach & Oyster Bay Resort
Officient: Craig Gillis
If you are interested in wedding photography, wedding videography, or both, here are some things you can do!
I would love to connect!